Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Do you have good karma?

Smack!  Pow!!  Splat!!!  Eww!!!!!

That's me, killing the dozens of flies in my house this evening.  Where did they come from?  And when will they go away.  It's amazingly unreal how many there are in my house.  They're eating the dogs ears, and nothing seems to keep them from coming back.  We set traps and captures dozens and dozens of them.  We smack every single one we find in the house.  We sprayed.  Nothing keeps them away.  Aghhh!

It was during the latest grueling attack of the flies that I realized I needed to keep up the good karma.  Because if I don't, I am sure to come back as a fly.  Or even an ant.  That's the other pest that is raging war against my house.  They're everywhere.  And still no matter what I try to do to get rid of them, they keep coming back.  I even laid out ant traps right over the entrance to one of the anthills.  To my dismay, it didn't work - probably because the dog decided it was going to be a tasty evening treat.  Yes, he destroyed it. 

I panicked, called the emergency vet.  I thought for sure I was going to have a dead dog on my hands.  Thankfully, because the dog weighs 70 pounds and he devoured such a small trap, the worst thing that could happen to him would be an upset stomach.  I credit this to the good karma coming back to me from taking him on all those runs.

I have long believed that it is important to practice good karma.  Even thinking something evil will bring something terrible to you, as was the case with my flies this evening.  I know what you're thinking.  "What can this girl possibly tell me that I haven't already heard before about karma?"

Well, I'll tell you.  Keep it positive, always.  Even when things look like poo, it's probably poo.  You just need to remember to walk around it.  (Don't step in it, silly.)  As the old saying goes, "[Poo] happens." That's the PG version of that saying.

I'm sure I had more to say on this point, but nothing else comes to mind.  So, I will leave well enough alone.  Think good thoughts, do good deeds, and smile to the next person you see.  It might be me.  And I will have a smile for you!!      :)

No comments:

Post a Comment