Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blah Blah Blah BLOG

We've all had them.  Those moments - or days - when we just don't want to do something, anything.  We don't want to get out of bed.  We don't want to go to the gym.  We don't want to work on that project.

Well, the same thing happened with this blog.  Although, it's not that I didn't want to do it.  It was just that I couldn't find the energy to type the words I had already formatted in my head.  Therein, lies the problem.  It was in my head.  All sorts of words; formatted in sentences and ideas, ready to be put down in complete thoughts.  Why couldn't I find the time to sit down and write?!

This, of course, is a moot question because I have all the time I need to sit down and write.  There were plenty of times when I had my computer on.  Although I was working on other things.  Never did I make it to the site where I needed to post the blog.  In fact, it was the end of the week when I realized that I hadn't posted yet.  Now, it's been two weeks since my last post.  Time flies when you don't write a to-do list.

So, at the end of this particular week, I was feeling tired and just worn down.  It was a Friday, and I was scheduled to go for a run with a friend.  This is part of her training; so, I naturally felt obligated to go meet her.  I couldn't text or call her and back out of it because I am her trainer.  All I really wanted to do was sleep in a half an hour more, then go get my coffee - a big coffee with lots of whip cream.  (Not exactly healthy, but so good!)

When I got to her house, she wasn't quite ready to go yet.  So, I waited, played with her dogs a bit, and then, we were off.  It was an easy run, and once we were into it, we both felt great.  We both were glad that we committed to each other and completed what we set out to do.

The conclusion is this: when we know something is good for us and we have good intentions of completing the job, even though we really don't want to do it, go do it.  You will feel so much better once the task is complete.  Even better - like with getting this blog completed - write down the task on a to-do list.  It's amazing how much you can get accomplished and how amazing you feel afterwards.  Now, get out of the blah and get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment